Friday, 26 February 2016

Harry's diary

Afficher l'image d'origine

Cesar: Hey guys, look, I found Harry’s diary among the stuff he left!  Shall we read it?

“Dear diary,

My name is Harry Huston, I’m sixteen. I left home yesterday. My parents beat me all the time so I decided to leave. I’m now a hobo, I suppose. I’ll go where the railroad takes me…

I’m riding the rails, going West. I’m a bit scared, but I’m happy. I met some other hobos my age. They are okay, friendly. They taught me some secret signs: one means “this is a good place to stay”, another means “dangerous dog”. They also gave me some good advice on how to survive.

I hopped off the train. Maybe I’ll find work in this small town. I’m so tired. I’ll just sleep near the station. I hope nobody comes during the night.”

Tony: “My turn to read!”

“Dear diary,

It’s my second day on the run. I couldn’t sleep last night. People kept coming past and looking at me suspiciously. I’m hungry.

I went to the saloon to ask for a job, but they told me to get lost. They called me a bum. I think I’ll hitch a ride on the next train.

I’m on the train now with some others. They talk too much. I’ll try and get some sleep…”

Alex: “Give it me!”

“Dear diary,

Day three, it’s the end of the morning. I’m with the others. We got off the train because one of the guys thinks we can find work on a farm in these parts.

Evening: I got a job on a farm! The boss says we can sleep in the barn. At last, food!

Day four
We worked hard all day long. I earned a dollar. Tomorrow we’ll have to move on though.

Day five
I like my new friends.”

Alex: “His diary end there… How did Harry die?”

Cesar: "I was on the train. He threw me his bundle. He missed his step trying to get on..."

No comments:

Post a Comment